MTSKHETA CITY AND KAKHETI REGION - PRE CONVENTION TOUR FOR DELEGATES - "East Georgia"
DURATION: (2 DAYS / 1 NIGHT)
Day 1: 18/01/19
08:30 – Meet in the Convention Hotel Lobby with luggage. Check out.
Your local Tourist guide will meet you and direct you to your vehicle.
09:00 – DEPART
Driving to Mtskheta - Ancient capital of Georgia.
On route we will be visiting Mtskheta and Svetitskhoveli Cathedral - the pearl of Golden age of Georgian church architecture. Christ’s robe is believed to lie beneath the central nave.
Thereafter, we drive to Jvari (Holy Cross) Monastery (6th century, early Georgian tetraconch design). Built on the top hill, it has a picturesque view on the confluence of the rivers Aragvi and Mtkvari and old capital of Georgia - Mtskheta.
Once we arrive at Mukhrani Estate, where you will visit beautiful, historical ―Chateau Mukhrani Winery, we will experience a degustation and delicious lunch in the fantastic atmosphere at Chateau Mukhrani!
Late Afternoon, we continue our drive to the Kakheti region, Georgian Winemaking Hub. Brief stops along the way include Ujarma Fortress and a photo-stop on top of the Scenic Gombori Pass.
Early evening, we arrive at the Tsinandali Museum, in Telavi, for an excursion through the memorial house, the landscaped garden, a historical winery. This is followed by a welcome dinner and wine tasting at Tsinandali estate.
Evening Check in at a local Hotel for overnight experience in the Kakheti region
Day 2 : 19/01/19
08:15 – Meet in the Hotel Lobby with luggage after breakfast. Check out.
08:45 – DEPART
Morning visit to the Ikalto Academy (late in the 6th century) - Saint Zenon, founded by one of the 'Syrian Fathers', famous as one of the most significant cultural-scholastic centers of Kakheti, as well as of the whole of Georgia.
Thereafter we drive to Alaverdi, the third largest orthodox temple in Georgia after Sameba’s and Svetitskhoveli’s. Magnificent atmosphere along with different wine experience in monastery winery.
Mid-day depart to Khareba Winery to experience some of its outstanding offerings. Khareba Winery offers master classes for preparing Traditional Georgian Bread, Mtsvadi (Georgian Barbeque) and Churchkhela (traditional desert) as well as amazing wine experiences. After the fun part, a delicious meal is served.
14:15 - Depart for Tbilisi
17:00 – Check-in Convention Hotel
17:30 – 19:00 Compulsory Briefing for New Delegates (All delegates welcome)
20:00 – EXBO & Delegates Welcome dinner
Overnight in Tbilisi
- This itinerary is subject to change and at the organizers discretion
- Included: Dinner, Breakfast, and Lunch as indicated. Additional meals and refreshments are not included.
- Transport in medium sized coaches and a local Tourist Guide on board
- Please take note that some terrains may be uneven and appropriate walking shoes are required
- Luggage is limited to one small to medium sized suitcase per person (Please leave additional luggage at the Convention Hotel)
- Any passengers prone to motion sickness, to please ensure tablets are taken. The drive includes mountain passes and uneven roads
- Average weather experienced during this time is warmer than Tbilisi
- All the meals are included, except breakfast on 18/01/19.