MTSKHETA CITY AND KAKHETI REGION - PRE CONVENTION TOUR FOR DELEGATES - "East Georgia"
DURATION: (2 DAYS / 1 NIGHT)
DAY 1 18TH OF JANUARY
Depart from Biltmore Hotel - 09:00
Driving to Mtskheta - ancient capital of Georgia, and to Jvari (Holy Cross) Monastery.
We will be visiting Mtskheta and Svetitskhoveli Cathedral - the pearl of Golden age of Georgian church architecture. Christ’s robe is believed to lie beneath the central nave.
Jvari Monastery (6th century) is built on the top of the hill, it has a picturesque view on the confluence of the rivers Aragvi and Mtkvari and old capital of Georgia – Mtskheta
Chateau Mukhrani Lunch
After the cultural program, around noon, we arrive at Mukhrani Estate, where you will visit beautiful, historical Chateau Mukhrani Winery and will experience a wine-tasting of premium Wines and delicious lunch in the fantastic atmosphere at 19th century Georgia!
Tbilisi Socar Stop (WC Stop)
Late Afternoon, we continue our drive to the Kakheti region, Georgian Winemaking Hub. Comfort stops along the way in Sagarejo district.
Around 6 pm, we arrive at the Tsinandali Estate & Museum, in Telavi district. After check-in at Tsinandali Radisson Collection Hotel, you will have a brief excursion through the memorial house, the landscaped garden and historical winery. This is followed by a welcome dinner with amazing show at Tsinandali estate. Night in Tsinandali Estate.
DAY 2 19TH OF JANUARY
Depart From Tsinandali Estate - 09:00
Delegate’s Coach depart to a local family Qvevri production will be your next stop. Georgia has almost 8 000 years’ tradition of winemaking, therefore experiencing how qvevri (the wine amphora) is produced is a must. Master-class in pottery and chacha tasting
Twins Wine Cellar
On the road you will see Alaverdi, the third largest orthodox temple in Georgia after Sameba’s and Svetitskhoveli’s. Thereafter, around 11 am, a visit to Wine Company & Museum named “Twins Wine Cellar” will follow. It is located in the village of Napareuli and was established by twin brothers. The company is oriented on Kakhetian method of wine production and follows family traditions of wine making. Nowadays the cellar has 107 Qvevris (underground clay jars for storing wine) most of which have 3.5 – 4.5 tonnes capacity.
Khareba Wine Cellar Lunch
Mid-day arrival to Khareba Winery to experience the outstanding offerings: master classes of preparing Traditional Georgian Bread, Mtsvadi (Georgian Barbeque) and Churchkhela (traditional dessert) and amazing wine experiences. After the fun activities, a delicious lunch awaits you!
Stop at Socari
Early Evening Arrival at The Biltmore Hotel.
This itinerary is subject to change and at the organizers discretion.
- Included: Dinners, Breakfasts, and Lunches as indicated. Meals not specified in the itinerary and additional drinks/refreshments, are not included.
- Transport provided: 45-person coach with a local Tourist Guide with an assistant on board.
- Unfortunately, NO TOILETS are available ON THE BUS, so follow the recommendations of your guides when having the Comfort stops.
- Please take note that some terrains may be uneven and appropriate walking shoes are required!
- For Women, in sacred and religious sites please have a scarf to cover your heads
- Please come prepared with your own usual remedy if you are prone to motion sickness. The drive includes mountain passes and uneven roads.
- With a moderate climate all year round, average weather temperatures at this time of the year is around 5° C -10 ° C.
Please Note the above Programme is a guideline only. Any changes are at the discretion of the WFTGA EXBO and the 2019 Convention Organisers.